Oh my goodness! I haven’t blogged since April! We were so busy soaking up the sun this summer that I completely stopped writing. Now that chilly autumn weather is keeping us inside a bit more, I’ll be back at the keyboard.
While I haven’t written a new book this summer, I have been learning more about marketing. I started writing as a hobby and as something fun to do for my kids. I have no background in business so getting my books into the hands of readers has been my greatest challenge as an author.
I’d like to share some of the digital marketing strategies I’ve been trying.
1. Content marketing. Put your product out there!
· Blog posts
· Case studies
2. Search engine optimization (SEO). Make sure people can find your content!
· Update your website and content to include key search words
· Over time, website/content will move higher up on searches
3. Pay per click (PPC). Create advertisements on a budget!
· Create text ads or image video ads
· Platform charges you per click
4. Social Media Marketing. Connect with your customer base!
· Videos about your content
· Can boost posts as advertisements (PPC)
Feel free to share your small business marketing tips in the comments.